Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Just above the atmosphere

is where the Starfish Prime exploded (look it up in the encyclopedia)
I've used that title as the starting point for the Radio Mperia playlists, as the tracks included are from unknown artists that are creating spectacular music but are suffering from lack of airplay.

During the brief period I have been perusing the material on Mperia.com I have been amazed at some of the quality of music being produced by artists that remain unsigned. What is more stunning is that I regularly go to say to friend 'have you heard that track by such and such' only to have to stop myself because I realise that there is very little likelihood that they will have heard it.

This blog has been started to go a small way of redressing that and I hope to introduce you to some sounds that you may just like

So without futher ado I bring the first ever Radio Mperia hi-fi playlist Starfish Prime I

Kicking off the session is a track from an old friend, Paul Five, with a revamped version of Flesh Trash Heat. Although not yet available on Mperia, Paul is presently in the throes of finishing another Cd "Rock Mode" which should be online soon

Talking of Mperia, the second track comes from Joshua Ellis, one of the movers and shakers at Mperia.com. The track included here is entitled Redwood City Station and like many of Joshua's tracks (and there are a fair few) IS available on Mperia.

Steve Riseborough goes under the monica of Ribsburg and our third track is his jangly, poppy I found my love The title and style of the song belie the disturbing lyrics that push this sparkling catchy ditty along - once again there is a excellent selection of Steves work on Mperia, check out Chicken & Grapes and Your Funny Little Glasses in particular.

The next track is NOT available on Mperia although Blip, the band behind Godspeed Balance do host a plethora of tracks on the site as do our fifth artist Razorbladekisses with their track Lure of the Temptress 2005

No comments: